Welby Way is an LAUSD Affiliated Chart School
Affiliated charter schools are semi-autonomous District schools with instructional program flexibility to meet the needs of a diverse student population. Anyone outside of the resident attendance boundary can apply.
If Welby Way is NOT your School of Residence, you can apply through our CHARTER Lottery:
STEP 1 - Complete the application on eChoices Online.
The application period begins October 3 - November 18 for the following school year.
Visit Unified Enrollment "Choices" application during this application window.
Read more about your choices at LAUSD UNIFIED ENROLLMENT WEBSITE.
Note: Families who are not accepted, or miss the 11/18 deadline, may submit a late application to be placed on the waitlist. The CHOICES late application window opens in February.
STEP 2 - Lottery Process
The lottery will be held live or via Zoom at Welby Way Charter Elementary in February and shall provide the following admission preferences, in the stated order of priority:
- LAUSD Students have first priority.
- Siblings - Prospective students who...
- (a) are siblings of students enrolled in grades TK - 4 at Welby Way at the time of the lottery AND
- (b) reside within LAUSD boundaries, but not within the attendance boundaries of Welby Way Charter Elementary, shall have second admission preference
Other LAUSD Students - All other prospective students who reside within LAUSD boundaries, but not within the attendance boundaries shall have third admission preference.
Students who participate in the lottery, but are not selected for enrollment will be placed on a waitlist in the same priority order as above. As seats become available, we will contact you.
- If you filed a late application, you will not be a part of the lottery list. You will be on a waiting list in the order that you applied.