Our Mission, Vision, and Values
At Welby Way, students are passionate about learning. We strive to inspire students to seek deep, meaningful understanding; to develop strong academic skills adaptable to the needs of the 21st century; become creative, critical, and independent thinkers; cultivate perseverance, initiative, responsibility, and respect; and establish a growth mindset, habits of mind, and scholarly behavior.Our Vision:
- Emphasize multidisciplinary, project-based learning that enables students to make real-life connections, ask essential questions, and think conceptually.
- Utilize hands-on, investigative learning that assists students to problem solve, think critically, and make meaning of the world around.
- Incorporate the arts throughout the curriculum and studies its importance throughout history and its role establishing a culture.
- Provide authentic opportunities for students to effectively utilize all forms of communication.
- Use technology to apply knowledge and create original work as a means of personal and group expression.
- Emphasize a growth mindset, habits of mind, and scholarly behaviors for all.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders and problem solves with shared decision-making.
- Provide opportunities for all stakeholders to model continuous learning and intellectual growth.
- Expect integrity, teamwork, cooperation, positive relationships, and a genuine home-school connection.
- Develop community partnerships to connect students to the real world.